Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's Sunday March 29.

I'm sitting at my computer wondering "how do I start this blog"?

Do I tell you that I've been now doing HM since Feb 10th and that I'm already down 13lbs?

Or do I tell you that not a day goes by where I don't wish I could just eat anything I wanted, but that I've made this choice, to once and for all get to my goal, so right now, the "treats" must wait?

I guess now you know both. It's been a VERY interesting month and a bit. I knew I had to do something- - because I had my "tipping point". You know that moment you have...you see a picture of yourself, or a video, or you receive a comment that just stops you in your tracks? Well, I had it...in the form of a picture/video. I won't say what, I won't say where, but for anyone who has struggled, you know what I mean by "the tipping point"-- the "a-ha moment".

Well, the very next day, I went to Herbal Magic. I had heard a lot about them when I lived in Toronto - it seemed everyone was doing it (and loving it). I was nervous though...REALLY SCARED. I don't know what it is about me, but for most of my adult life, I've wanted to reach my "goal weight", but always fell short. I knew this time was different though, it just had to be. I wanted to just DO IT. No more excuses. No more stopping and starting.

So I called.

And I met Christina.

The rest, I'd like to say is history, but it's only been 5 weeks. Has it been easy? Some days, for sure. Others? I could chew off my ARM because all I WANT is junk food, but I know, in my heart of hearts it's NOT WORTH IT.

Which is why I decided to speak out and share my story.

I hope you come back often, I'll write here every chance I get. I plan to post updates, recipes, pictures (of food, not me...not yet) -- and I also hope this will be a place where YOU TOO can share. I'd LOVE to help, I'm a good listener and if NOTHING else, we can do this together.

PS - my goal is September 7th, one week before my birthday. Here's to the FALL!!

Meg

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Meg. I've been a yo-yo dieter for years, Herbal Magic is probably the only diet I've never tried. Once again I am trying to loose. This time I have 110 pounds to lose (in a year). I'm down 23 since the end of November. Anyhow I track what I'm eating, my workouts, chat with other and more on a FREE website at www.sparkpeople.com. It helps me keep on track to eat what I want but in moderation.

    My blog is at http://completerunning.com/dawn-on-the-run/. By the way I found out about you on Facebook through Freeway Frank.

    ReplyDelete