Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas, I’ll see you later...

Oh man, you’ve got to love this time of year, this is the time of year where you get to see all of your family and friends and where you even get some gifts. And who can forget about the food? I remember myself last year, I was at my grandma’s house with my family sneaking in and out of the kitchen trying to get a “pre-Christmas” sample of everything that my grandma was preparing for supper. The turkey, the ham, the mashed potatoes, the gravy, and the world famous grandma turkey stuffing (world famous might be a stretch, but trust me when I say that it’s pretty darn awesome).

I was really nervous about going home this year, I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to stick to my new Herbal Magic health plan while I was there. As it stands, the wife and I had to make different plans this holiday season, and since it’s only the two of us, we are not making a whole turkey or a big piece of ham. Instead, this holiday season we’ve had to say “see you later” to all the amazing food that we normally enjoy in December. Yes, “see you later” because next year when I turn to the new ME, the Carlos sitting at 220 lbs I’ll be able to open the door and welcome back all the amazing food I’ve been missing for the last couple of months.

Today is December 22nd 2009, and I’ve lost a whopping 65 lbs in just over 3 months! I have to say that I feel great with the new me. Before I started Herbal, I used to love this time of year. Everyone would be bundled up in layers – so really, we kinda all looked the same for a few months. I wasn’t the only “big” one – never really realizing that I was only kidding myself. I was out of control and I was the only one that was able to do something about it.

This is why, turkey, stuffing, gravy, ham, pumpkin pie, spinach dip, Coca-Cola...I’ll see you later. This is not a good bye. But, when the right time comes, I’ll see you again with moderation and control.

No comments:

Post a Comment