Tuesday, May 26, 2009

ONE DAY AT A TIME RIGHT?

Well, it's now been 15 weeks since I started this "journey" with Herbal Magic. I'm going to be honest. It's NOT always easy.

I could sit and tell you week in week out -"oooh I lost 10, I lost 20" - but there's SO much more to it. SO much more than just a number on the scale. I promised myself if I was going to do this on the air - publicly, that I would share the whole journey.

Well, here goes...

Has the number gone down? YES. Almost 30lbs already, which to all involved, is right on track. Has it been tough though? YES. Not every day, but the last week, SUPER TOUGH. I'm experiencing cravings like you wouldn't believe, I'm feeling tired of being "perfect", and I find that I'm trying to find reasons to "allow myself" the old, bad food that got me here in the first place.

Here's what I know though. I cannot TELL YOU how much the girls at Herbal Magic are helping me. They will NOT let me fail, they will NOT let me get discouraged...EVER.

How? Because we are ALL the same. We're human. We're doing this together. Maybe their goals are to lose less than me, but a goal is a goal, nonetheless. We talk. We hug. We cry...(ok maybe I cry). We share stories about how I am not alone, this is normal, cravings happen and LIFE GOES ON.

Did I give in? Yes. Once.
Did I feel terrible for doing so?
YES - BEYOND TERRIBLE.

But did I get up the next day and move forward? YES. With a run. And lots of water. And a calm head knowing that even though I may have faltered, the NEW ME is able to recognize it for what it was, and move on. A new day, a new number on the scale, EYE on the finish line.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Meg, We are all bound to have lapses on the road to health and wellness, so it's critical that we learn how to handle small failures positively, to minimize their long-term destructive effects. One setback is one setback — it's not the end of the world, nor is it the end of your journey toward a better you! Each one teaches us something and as we learn we learn of ourselves...cheers to you girl. Heads up... the goal is out there!! h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg,

    I too joined Herbal Magic, after you did, i heard you on the radio telling your storey, you started to cry which in return made me cry. You motivated me to get my butt in and do something about my weight. I am down 14 1/2 lbs in 7 weeks, and i too just had a very weak moment this weekend. I didn't let it stop me this morning, i have drank lots of water, and made my daily menu. I know that there are many of us out there, and it really helps having a radio personality to listen to, it keeps me honest. Thank you, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg! I have enjoyed following you on your weight loss journey, and can I just say... I know you're a public figure and all, but you are so courageous to share this with the public! I, for one, thank you for that. I'm trying to lose weight too (on my own), but I've done it before so I know that I will do it again. I know I will! Anyway, just wanted to say 'hey', 'thanks', 'congratulations!' and 'you can do it!'

    ReplyDelete