Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MEET CAT!

Hi, I'm Cat and I started Herbal Magic on April 17th, 2009. I, like most people, had THAT moment when my weight was literally shoved RIGHT in my face. I was buying a wedding dress and when the sales person took my measurements and told me the size of dress we had to order I almost fainted. I cried all the way home. That was a Saturday. A moment in my life I certainly won't forget.

That Tuesday I heard Meg on the radio in what was her first Herbal Magic update. I cried. She was EXACTLY where I had been just that Saturday. So I bit the bullet and went into the Herbal Magic in Okotoks. Man was I scared. As a single mom, with an upcoming wedding how was I ever going to be able to afford this?

As I sat in the office listening to myself it dawned on me, How can I afford NOT to do this? The amount of money I was wasting on junk food, clothes of fluctuating sizes, not to mention I was about to be married and have wedding pictures done. Pictures that were going to be put up on the wall of my new house. Pictures that represented my new life. Did I want to look at pictures for the rest of my life being the size I was? Like I said how could I afford not to do it?

So here I am almost 5 months later and 2 weeks away from my wedding and am 2.6 pounds away from my goal. I am happy to report that when my dress came in it had to be altered 3 sizes!! I still can't believe it!

I've now moved to the second phase of the program and am still losing. Was it easy? Not always, but the staff at Herbal and the friends I have made through the program have been amazing. When I have a bad day and have a meltdown all of the ladies talk me down. They support me when I'm up and cheer for me when I'm down.

If you're thinking of doing Herbal, just do it. Whether you have 25 pounds to lose or 100 pounds to lose don't be afraid. It will change your life for the better. I'm looking forward to starting my new life, much healthier, much stronger and 3 sizes smaller than I was 5 months ago!

Don't be afraid, just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment